Maximising Efficiency while Minimising Downtime and Expenditure is Paramount in 2015
The current, low oil prices are forcing companies to operate increasingly austere high pressure high temperature drilling and completion projects. With reduced manpower and stringent budget allowances, extreme pressure is being placed on HPHT managers whose business has been exposed to greater vulnerability. However, this also allows specialists to seize this moment as an opportunity to find tangible techniques to minimise downtime and expenditure while maximising efficiency, which is imperative for a successful project lifecycle.
Additionally, while the oil prices are low, they will rise again and investment will return even heavier in the near future. By being prepared for this inevitability you will be much better placed to manage projects in this space and understand the most contemporary technology available for robust well design, rig monitoring, pressure testing, mechanical testing and modelling, managed pressure drilling, facility interfacing, narrow margin drilling, among the plethora of engineering techniques and drilling safety.
The 11th Annual HPHT Wells Summit will align itself with current market conditions in HPHT drilling, engineering, production and completion to ensure companies have the opportunity to systematically optimise the design of new projects, complete existing projects and come to grips with the latest technology in the market to minimise the effect of decreased budget and manpower.
Expected global case studies on Imsa, the Nile Delta and Culzean will explore optimal high pressure high temperature well development.
Join HPHT specialists sharing their knowledge to:
- Explore technical case studies from international operators as Wintershall, BG Group and Shell analyse how they have successfully overcome crucial obstacles in drilling and completions
- Evaluate lessons learned and what areas require further development for successful well design and execution
- Evaluate technical innovation from leading solution and technology providers such as Castrol Offshore, Plexus and Tenaris, that can reduce costs, maximise efficiency and effectively maintain well control in hostile environments
- Gain industry insight into compliance and regulatory standards: An overview of the latest requirements regarding HPHT with an interactive discussion moderated by the UK government's HSE and DECC
- Discuss how operators are managing the skill gap and the anticipated impact of the 'Great Crew Change'